To start the screening process you should:
- Seat individual on examination couch/chair
- Inform the individual that you are going to examine their feet to check their circulation, sensation and any other risk factors that they might have which could lead to a foot problem related to their diabetes
- Request individual remove shoes and socks/stockings and assist if required
- The individual is experiencing any problems with their feet
- Has the individual noticed any changes since their last visit?
- If complaining of podiatric type problems (corns, nail problems etc.) check if currently attending a Podiatrist and refer/treat if necessary.
Recording of foot screening… Significant callus (4/17)