Links (key resources)
- Diabetes in Scotland
- My diabetes My way
- SIGN guideline 116 – Management of diabetes [.pdf, 1.3MB]
- Diabetic foot risk stratification and triage 2021 [.pdf, 171KB]
- Crawford F, Inkster M, Kleijnen J, Fahey T. Predicting foot ulcers in patients with diabetes: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Q J Med 2007;100(2):65-86.
- Lavery LA, Wunderlich RP, Tredwell JL. Disease management for the diabetic foot: effectiveness of a diabetic foot prevention program to reduce amputations and hospitalizations. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2005;70(1):31-7.
- Abbott CA, Carrington AL, Ashe H, Bath S, Every LC, Griffiths A et al. The North-West Diabetes Foot Care Study: incidence of, and risk factors for, new diabetic foot ulceration in a community-based patient cohort. Diabet Med 2002;19:377-384.
- Singh N, Armstrong DG, Lipsky BA. Preventing foot ulcers in patients with diabetes. JAMA 2005;293(2):217-28.
Leaflets – NHS Scotland
The leaflets are available in the 5 most common non English languages and are available for download from the Diabetes in Scotland website.
- Diabetic foot ulcer
- Holiday feet
- Low Risk of Developing Non-healing Foot Wounds
- Moderate Risk of Non-healing Wounds and Amputation
- High Risk of Non-healing Wounds and Amputation
- Looking After Your Foot In Remission
- Advice on Footwear
Leaflets – NHS England
- Charcot foot [.pdf, 938KB]
- Looking after your diabetic foot ulcer [.pdf, 887KB]
- Advice about your footwear [.pdf, 882KB]
- High-risk feet [.pdf, 926KB]
- Moderate risk [.pdf, 817KB]
- Low risk [.pdf, 778KB]
- Holiday feet [.pdf, 756KB]
If you are experiencing technical problems with any of the training sites please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions page.